- You’re not the first soldier I’ve plucked from the field. They all feel the same. They can’t leave. Victory hangs in the balance. But they’re wrong. The battle goes on without them.
- How do you think angry spirits are born? They can’t let go and they can’t move on.
- You saved my life over and over. Man, you sacrifice everything for me, don’t you think I’d do the same for you? You’re my big brother, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you. And I don’t care, I’m going to get you out of this. I’m going to save your ass for a change.
- You always have a choice. You can either roll over and die or you can keep fighting.
- I just think it’s really interesting, this sudden obedience you have to Dad. It’s like “Oh, what would Dad want me to do?” Sam, you spent your entire life slugging it out with that man. I mean, hell you picked a fight with him last time you ever saw him and now that he’s dead, now you want to make it right? Well, I’m sorry, Sam, but you can’t. It’s too little, too late.
- You didn’t think I remember, do you? Come on, you still burst out crying when you see Ronald McDonald on the television.
- These are your issues, quit dumping them on me.
- You know what, you’re right. Come here, I want to lay my head gently on your shoulder. Maybe we can cry, hug. Maybe even slow dance.
- There’s an afterlife all right, but mostly it’s just a pain in the ass.
- Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero? What about us, huh?
- You know when we were little, you couldn’t have been more than five, you started asking me questions. Like, how come we didn’t have a mom, why we always have to move around, where’d Dad go when he’d have to take off for days at a time. I remember I begged you to quit asking, Sammy, you don’t want to know. I just wanted you to be a kid, just a little while longer. I was trying to protect you, keep you safe. Dad didn’t even have to tell me, it was just always my responsibility. It was like I had one job. I had one job and I screwed up. I blew it and for that I am sorry. I guess that’s what I do, I let down the people I love.