- You’re constantly trying to prove yourself, even after you’ve made it.
- When I’m writing I’m constantly thinking about myself, because it’s the only experience I have to draw on. And I don’t see an exact reflection of myself in every face in the audience, but I know that my songs have validity to them, and that’s why the fans are there.
- I have been able to tap into all the negative things that can happen to me throughout my life by numbing myself to the pain so to speak and kind of being able to vent it through my music.
- We like playing smaller venues, but we know how many people want to come and see us, so we don’t ever want to stop anyone who wants to come to a show from coming.
- It’s cool to be a part of recovery. This is just who I am, what I write about, what I do and most of my work has been a reflection of what I’ve been going through in one way or another.
- What’s the worst thing I’ve stolen? Probably little pieces of other people’s lives. Where I’ve either wasted their time or hurt them in some way. That’s the worst thing you can steal, the time of other people. You just can’t get that back.