- Shh, shh, shh, shh. This sound is the opposite of your voice and I so enjoy it.
- No matter how much I missed you or how much pain I was in, I would never have erased everything we ever had. Even if I was drowning in grief, I’d rather hang onto every moment I held you or every laugh that I heard, or every shed of happiness that we ever had. I would rather spend every moment in agony than erase the memory of you!
- You’re a beautiful, strong woman, a gorgeous friend and a bright light in a sea of dark.
- I’ve had so much fantasy in my life, Elena. Enough for 100 lifetimes. I’d give it all up for one life with you.
- I can take it for us, okay? Because even if it doesn’t work, even if it all goes to hell, even if I’m miserable and alone, the smallest chance at the perfect life with you is infinitely better than an immortal one without you, and I know this, Elena. I love you and I will love you until I take my last breath on this earth.
- As much as I like to think that I am full of wisdom, I think it’s time to stop pretending that I actually know what’s best.
- You want to talk about resentment? My wife ran away because she would rather be a vampire than be married to me. Come to find out it was Damon who turned her and then she died. And then Jenna, she died. And then I died. And then the guy who killed my wife died and I actually kinda miss him. And now I can’t even talk to a girl without fantasizing about tearing into her neck. I mean, Jeremy, I have resentment FOR YEARS! FOR YEARS! I get it, but we find a way to keep going because that’s what we do.
- You had Alaric to compel you to forget every good thing Damon ever did. You made him a monster in your own mind because you couldn’t handle the grief of losing him.
- I’m not doing so great without you. I keep trying to start over but I can’t get anywhere because I’m lost, brother. I’m lost.
- It’s never too late. That’s the upside of eternity. You’ll be my mother for the next century and the one after that and the one after that. And one day, maybe not soon, but one day, you’ll see me as your son.
- You never knew Damon as a human. He was aimless, always searching for something more, sweet and earnest to a fault, but never strong. That came later, when he found himself, when he truly became Damon. He loves being a vampire and I just don’t think he’ll ever give that up.
- You’re a control freak who’s lost control. I feel the same way when I’m around you. That’s what falling for somebody is. It’s being vulnerable. It’s giving up control.
- I don’t think Elena necessarily came into my life to be my soulmate. I mean, she was. We loved each other, but she was also the only person I’ve ever met who actually believed that my brother was worth loving and she reminded me that I used to believe that about him too. And her faith in him, it brought Damon and me back together. And yeah I… I loved her more than I ever thought I could love somebody else. But I think, in the end I needed him more than I needed her.
- You were by my side when I needed a friend. You made me laugh. You made me dance. You told me that I would find love again… And, I understand if I have to wait for you, and I will. I’ll wait. And when you’re ready for me, I will be ready for you.
- You win some, you lose some. Except for me – I always win.
- When your family decides that you’re nothing but an irredeemable piece of trash, well… I guess the best thing to do is prove them right.
- You know what’s funny? I didn’t even know werewolves were real until I got bit by one.
- If you think Kai is doing this out of the goodness of his heart , I can assure you – he doesn’t have one.
- Stay away from me. This is gross. We haven’t been dating long enough for you to see gross.
- I have food poisoning. Did the sound of me vomiting not clue you in?
- Love’s always gonna require a huge leap of faith. A big, scary leap over a hot pit of lava. And, you might end up heartbroken, but you might be the happiest person on the face of the earth.
- The night I died, Matt was driving me back to him (Stefan) and yet I found my way back to you. Damon, I somehow always find my way back to you. It doesn’t matter If I have memories or not. It doesn’t matter if I’m a vampire or not.
- You’re gonna think that the pain will never end, but it will. But first, you have to let it all in. You can’t fight it. It’s bigger than you. You have to let yourself drown in it. But then eventually you’ll start to swim and every single breath that you fight for will make you stronger. And I promise that you will beat it.
- Don’t go blabbing details of our little arrangement around the party. Your tongue functions much better inside your mouth.
- Look, I’m immortal and you’re not. And I always knew that I would lose you one day, but I am not ready to lose you now. You’re supposed to be here for my college graduation; we’re supposed to argue about flower arrangements for my wedding. We’re supposed to have years and years worth of birthday dinners and Christmases and white water rafting trips. I want all of that. I want you to live for me. And I know that that’s selfish, but that’s the truth.
- See that little vein in his forehead? I used to think it was so sexy, but now I’m pretty sure it’s just all the blood leaving his brain.